Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pushing it a little further....

Just my style 382Just my style 375Just my style 368

Today I'm pushing the envelope a little further with the mixing of patterns. I am really liking the look. You'll probably be seeing alot more experimentation with this. I've had this floral top from J-Crew for a long time and haven't worn it. It has this fabric belt in the same pattern as the shirt that ties under the bust. These types of belts never work for me...anyone else? I always end up using them as a scarf with an entirely different outfit. Anyway, the shirt has never been flattering on me. It made me look quite large to say the least. I think that with the contrast of patterns and the small simple braided belt it breaks it up a bit, giving it a much more appealing look.

WHAT:
Jeans: Seven for all Mankind
Blouse: J-Crew
Tank: Gap
Cardi: Old Navy
Belt: Old Navy
Necklace: Cookie Lee
Shoes: Steve Madden

WHERE:
Busy day...lots of Errands.






13 comments:

  1. you really nailed the pattern mixing. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic pattern mixing! I have that same cardi in a gray/white combo and I adore it. Also, your hair looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair! Your hair! It looks so so good! I love the pattern mixing, the more colors and patterns the better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your hair looks great!
    I want to see more of those shoes they look super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair looks lovely! i almost didn't recognize you! okay, so that's a lie because i'm on your blog, but you know what i mean!! it looks wonderful! and bravo with the pattern mixing--a daring choice, and it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you got your hair colored darker. It looks GREAT!!! I have yet attempted pattern mixing but it looks like you did quite well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the hair! LOVE the outfit! Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. More love for the pattern mix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the pattern mixing....and the pop of blue from your shoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this in addition to your April 20 and April 2 outfits. Nice selection of tops!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin