Sunday, November 1, 2009

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials.....Chinese Proverb

just my style 1850just my style 1855just my style 1846
Hey! Look who decided to blog again! Man o man have I been busy....not really sure doing what exactly, but extremely busy. I sure missed you all and decided that November 1st was a great day to make my reappearance in blogland.

Simple, simple, simple was all I was thinking this morning after two days of Halloween festivities....I am exhausted! We had a great day yesterday, every year my parents host an annual all family pumpkin carving day. We have all been so busy lately that we ended up not being able to do it until Halloween! It worked out great though and we made a whole day of it. Carving began at 11:00 am, slight intermission at lunch time for seafood chowder, (Yum!) and then of course there was the all day grazing of the popcorn balls, caramel corn, pumpkin shaped sugar cookies, pumkin bread, and pumpkin (yep you guessed it!) PIE!!! After six pumpkins were carved and we were stuffed beyond stuffed, it was time to get the kiddos dressed and go trick or treating around the block! It was SOOOOO cold!!!! We breed tough kids up here in AK, if they weren't tough they wouldn't be able to go out and collect candy at thirty degrees and 30 mph winds....seriously! We had a blast though and it was so much fun to be able to trick or treat the same houses that I did as a kid along with my mom, brother, and our kids!

***Before you curse me for being a terrible irresponsible mother, we did drive in a warm toasty car from house to house, the kids LOVED IT, and that is just how it is here. I tromped through feet of snow and icy driveways every year as a kid... LOVED IT and survived!

WHAT:
Dress: Target
Tights: Target
Shoes: ????? OLD!

WHERE:
Sunday morning church

just my style 1853

6 comments:

  1. Love this dress on you! Glad to see you back. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Welcome back! I missed you too. Ooh I LOOVVEE this dress!!

    xoxo
    Amy

    thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this exact dress but in a different color block, see?

    http://eednic.blogspot.com/2008/12/behold.html

    ahahahhaa! you look fabulous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back! That dress is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this dress at Goodwill this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin