Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If you want a trait, act as if you already have the trait......William James (1842-1910)

just my style 1657just my style 1650just my style 1659
Lately I've been a little bored with what is hanging in my closet, since I've started blogging I've become more aware of I want my "fashion statement" to be. The way I shop is changing and so is my style. It's apparent even in the short time I have been blogging.(Check out some of my first outfits posted) When I look back at this and this it makes me smile. It shows me that this blog is not just a social network and vain fashion (although I like that part too!), it's helping me to be more of the ME I want to be and who I want to portray to the world. That was the ultimate goal in the beginning so Thank You blogosphere, and all of you stylish lovlies out there who have complemented, encouraged, and criticized. Keep it up.... it is much appreciated.

As For my outfit today it is an adored austin inspired outfit. She sports this look perfectly, more than once! I've been meaning to try it since the first time I saw her wear it and then she posted another version last week so I pulled out what I had in my closet and I think it rather works! If you haven't checked her out you MUST click here now! She is seriously to funny, sweet,talented,stylish,cute, beautiful, (I better stop before she thinks I'm a weirdo:O) and creative to pass up!

***Be sure you check back later for Nifty Thrifty Wednesday!

WHAT:
Skirt:Target
Tee: ????
Belt: Old Navy
Shoes: Steve Madden...ebay

WHERE:
Bummin around the house for the day ~ then off to Open House night at the kids school.
just my style 1661

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE those tshirts! so super cute on you! I haven't seen it styled that way, and I'm really liking it. The pop of color against the black is so nice. And the juxtaposition of the little bit fancier skirt and the relaxed tee is brilliant! you have such great outfits! and I always look forward to the titles... some great quotes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute.
    The modern version of that quote is "Fake it until you make it"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute! :D I love the dressed up t-shirt idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! Your kindness is killing me! :0)

    I love your take on it. The full skirt and belt make it totally remarkable!

    And that shirt? Geez, it's too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Simple jewelry...lil buttons on the shoes...altogether cool outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE! Love your take on this look.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin