Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow."

just my style 024just my style 013just my style 014

Happy Official Fall!

I thought this would be a nice picture set to welcome Fall into 2010. As you can see Fall is in full swing here in Alaska, we are even waking up to frost on our windshields some mornings.  This is absolutely my most favorite time of year. I went to the store yesterday and bought some yummy "fall" candy to put out and pumpkin whoopie pies are definitely on the dessert menu sometime in the near future. YUM!

Yesterday seemed to be the worst day of my slump. This outfit reflects someone who just needed a day off to chill. The doctors appointments have gone from code yellow to code red. We found out that my husband has to go in for some pretty major skull/brain surgery soon. Nothing life threatening but it is still surgery on his skull nonetheless. He has had this bump on his head for as long as I can remember, it has gotten slightly larger through the years and so we decided it needed to come off. What better time to do it than with double coverage insurance right?!?  This double coverage thing seems to be more trouble than it's worth!!! I guess we bit off more than we could chew because what we thought would be a simple procedure done by a general surgeon has now turned into a neurosurgeon and reconstruction of his skull....lovely.
On a brighter note, I am loving this Tweeting, you guys crack me up! If we aren't friends yet...Why not?

WHAT:
Jeans: Seven for all Mankind
Shoes: Converse....thrifted
T-shirt: J-Crew
Cardi: Victoria's Secret
Scarf: Thrifted
Necklace: Target

WHERE:
Dinging about around the house, a few errands around town, to the airport to drop off a friend.


just my style 029

just my style 056

just my style 016

just my style 033

10 comments:

  1. Oh Danielle, I'm so sorry about all the stress you and your family are going through. Though, as I've said before, it's wonderful that you're looking at it with optimism and smiles. I'm thinking of you, doll.

    And I just love this outfit. Casual creativity at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the surgery for your hubby is quick and he heals fast. Hang in there! You're looking cute and comfy for the hectic life you are leading right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you are looking beautiful!! The headwrap scarf looks really awesome on you!! Sending good vibes your way for a speedy recovery for your husband. So stressful. Glad you have a good network of friends (real and cyber).
    j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, D, I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I hope things go well with your husband's surgery and that he has a quick recovery time. I'll be thinking of you and your family over the coming weeks.

    Even on your chill days, you look awesome. The autumn landscape is brilliant behind your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband - non-life-threatening or not, it's still scary as hell! I'll keep you both in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray everything will be alright! Happy Fall indeed!


    besos,

    ML
    20 YORK STREET

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I hope everything went well! Even tiny surgeries are no fun to wait through!

    If it helps a tiny teeny bit, I think you're my new favorite blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! The sweater really goes well with those turning leaves. What a beautiful time of year in the Pacific Northwest :0) Love the blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear about all that you are dealing with.
    This is my first time to your blog and I think your photos and style are beautiful.
    I love the scarf and that yellow cardigan.

    http://theauspiciouslife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great and stylish!I must run to work but I'll definitely come back to check your blog more.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin