Saturday, September 18, 2010

In teaching others we teach ourselves. (Proverb)

just my style 024just my style 013just my style 028


I'm not sure how many of you have been to Alaska, probably not to many. Alaska is definitely not LA, Paris, or New York. Fashion is not an utmost priority, most Alaskans are jeans and sweatshirt type of people. I am the only mom who dresses remotely the way i do. My kids are pretty used to it and most of the fellow parents are too. I even get the occasional compliment such as , "you are so fashionable" or the "you always dress so cute" and the ever popular, " you can wear anything." I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy them, but every once in a while someone can't quite wrap their head around what I am wearing and they call my outfit......RETRO, GRANDMA, HIP- HOPISH  in their most smiley face and happiest voice...
Yes, this happened today.

WHAT:
Capri: Citizens of Humanity
Sweater: thrifted.....$1
tank: Old Navy
Shoes/hat : Target


just my style 020

just my style 033

just my style 042

just my style 029

8 comments:

  1. love that sweater! and those booties are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! "Retro, grandma, hip-hopish"! Funny. It's those types of comments that I always get a kick out of. Even in a big ol' city like Chicago, I get comments like that sometimes.

    In any case, I just adore this outfit. Those booties are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous as always... I love the color of your sweater and the booties are totally awesome!!

    am off for a long ride... have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweater is stunning. I'm glad you wear what you love, in spite of your environment.

    I used to live in Alaska! My dad was in the Navy when I was a toddler, so we lived in the Adak area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, just started reading your blog and enjoying it immensely. i used to run cc and then coached high school / junior high cc for 8 years, a wonderful sport - hope your girls have a great season.

    Never been to alaska - but my brother in law guides hunting camp there every year (pretty sure he is there right now) and my sis worked one summer in Denali. Hope I'll make it there one day!

    Love your outfits! And the scenery is breathtaking ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rock on, Mama. Never been to AK, my Hubby has been lots of times while in the Coast Guard, though. Here in the NW, jeans and fleece rule for most people, too.

    I wore that same tank yesterday, gotta love the ON basics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alaska sounds like Humboldt County. People are always asking me if I'm going to or coming from somewhere special.
    I think you look wonderful. The color of the sweater looks stunning on you.
    nomoresweatpants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I adore those booties! Secondly, I just bought that same tank myself! In fact I bought it in 2 colors. It was on clearance and I thought it would be perfect for layering under sweaters. I see I was right! Thirdly, I like in upstate New York and I am always getting the same backhanded compliments. Some people just don't get it, and that's okay because if everyone did than none of us would :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin